Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bush : We All Believe In The Same Universal God

From Your New Reality :

We'll came back to this very interesting interview President Bush gave to Al Arabiyah in the next day or two, but there are some quotes worth highlighting right now. Consider that this interview was conducted for a mostly Muslim audience across the Middle East, and is the first time President Bush has taken part in such a long and engaged interview exclusively for an Arab language television network :

"....I believe in an almighty God, and I believe that all the world, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God. That's what I believe. I believe that Islam is a great religion that preaches peace. And I believe people who murder the innocent to achieve political objectives aren't religious people, whether they be a Christian who does that -- we had a person blow up our -- blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City who professed to be a Christian, but that's not a Christian act to kill innocent people.

"...the war is not a struggle against Muslims, the Muslim religion, it is a struggle of honorable, peaceful people throughout the world against the few who want to impose their vision.

************

"...I believe there is a universal God. I believe the God that the Muslim prays to is the same God that I pray to. After all, we all came from Abraham. I believe in that universality."


The One Billion Hindus on Planet Earth may not exactly agree with everything President Bush said.

Bush On Christian Terrorism And Why The United States Is "A Nation Of Peace"